Recipe by Sassy in da South
Been making this recipe for years. Originally came from our local church cookbook.
Top Review by Blondemensan
Thanks for posting. For personal tastes I added 1/2 cup powdered sugar to the flour/pecan mixture; I used cooked vanilla pudding and added 1/2 t. vanilla to it. I also grated a toffee bar on top. Delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, Chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, Divided
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pudding mix (Your Choice)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, flour, and pecans; mix well.
- Spread on bottom and sides of a 9/12 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Mix confectioners sugar, cream cheese, and cool whip and beat thoroughly.
- Spread on top of crust.
- Beat Pudding mixes with milk until thick.
- Spread on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Top with rest of cool whip & sprinkle with nuts.