Recipe by Mark O.
My father used to make this with leftover sweet and white potatoes. He would add sliced onions to the mix. And he would fry it all up with bacon grease. But use margarine or vegetable oil for a healthier version. He would season with salt and pepper to taste. But I also like to add crushed red pepper to spice things up some. Just a good use of leftovers. Plus the sweet potatoes would actually sweeten up more when they are fried. But remember not to use high heat. Or else they will burn. Slow and easy makes it delicious!
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cooking oil in pan.
- Slice onions into pan.
- Cook onions until translucent.
- Slice whole leftover sweet potatoes into pan.
- Slice whole leftover white potatoes into pan.
- Fry in oil until desired doneness.
- Depends on quantity.
- Season the way you like with anything.