Recipe by Dipps
Sweet dessert tart with something like Capsicum Jam. A sophisticated taste, unlikely to please children I think.... Adapted from a recipe by Andrew Schloss, you will either love it, or hate it.
- 1 (250 g) jar roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 250 g refrigerated cookie dough, preferably plain but choc chip is ok
- 1 cup fine sugar (confectioner's or icing)
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 60 g pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 frozen tart shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190 deg C / 375 deg F.
- Cook the case for 12 mins or as directed on the package.
- Put everything except the pistachios in the blitzer or stick mixer and blend till smooth and jam-like.
- Put mix in tart shell.
- Cook another 12 mins or so until the edge develops a bit of a skin.
- Pull out, top with pistachios and cook another 10 minutes
- Cool completely and serve cold from the fridge, I serve it plain with a cuppa.