I only "discovered" Mexican food about a year ago....almost wish I had been born south of the border!! These are easy to make & quite tasty; they can be served as an appetizer or an entre with a crisp, green salad.
- Saute onion, mushrooms, garlic& oregano in a large skillet, over medium heat, until lightly browned (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in tomatoes& peppers; simmer another 5 minutes.
- Place 4 tortillas on a lightly greased baking dish& spoon mixture onto each.
- Top with cheese& remaining tortillas.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cut into quarters& serve with salsa, sour cream& guacamole.
This is wonderful. I wouldn't change a thing in this quesadilla. It is easy to prepare and a great use for all the wonderful veggies. Thanks for sharing.
Wonderful! I left off the tomatoes because around here, the tomatoes in the salsa were enough. This is very easy to vary with whatever veggies are around. I usually fry in a pan with oil, but gained the idea here to bake them on a stone. Both sides turn crispy and wonderful!
Yum! Really loved this for a change of pace quesadilla. It was yummy, meaty, healthy and easy. Thanks for the great recipe country lady...