I only "discovered" Mexican food about a year ago....almost wish I had been born south of the border!! These are easy to make & quite tasty; they can be served as an appetizer or an entre with a crisp, green salad.
- Saute onion, mushrooms, garlic& oregano in a large skillet, over medium heat, until lightly browned (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in tomatoes& peppers; simmer another 5 minutes.
- Place 4 tortillas on a lightly greased baking dish& spoon mixture onto each.
- Top with cheese& remaining tortillas.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cut into quarters& serve with salsa, sour cream& guacamole.