Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These sweet and savory noodles make an excellent, gluten-free side for any entrée.
- 8 ounces rice noodles, any size
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce, sweet, red
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, white or 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Meanwhile, mix Sweet Red Chili Sauce, oil, lime juice and sesame seeds in small bowl.
- Cook Rice Noodles according to package directions, drain and rinse briefly.
- Pour noodles into serving bowl and mix with sweet red chili mixture. Serve.
I made this for a quick lunch entree, and it was delicious. And it can be prepared is such a short period of time, so it's a great extra side dish for busy nights. The sweet red chili sauce adds a lot of flavor and heat kick, and it adds a little splash of color to the rice noodles. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Linky. Made for Culinary Quest 2016 (Thailand).
What a lovely recipe Linky, it was quick, easy to make and it tasted awesome. I really loved the heat from the subtle chili flavor and the tartness that the lime juice brings to the dish. I used fresh noodles and could have eaten the whole dish. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make again and again. Made for CQ3 - Thailand & Indonesia
Easy and delicious! The sweet chili sauce blends nicely with the lime juice, providing some tangy sweet bite. I used a combo of white and black sesame seeds - the black seeds really popped off the noodles visually. Thanks for sharing! Culinary Quest '14