Recipe by Manami
My friend Vicky Gomez gave this to me. She is very vague about quantities, as she makes the salad with a little of this and a little of that. It has fruit preserves, Dijon mustard and sweet raisins.
- 3⁄4 cup apricot-pineapple preserves (Of choice) or 3⁄4 cup peach jam (Of choice) or 3⁄4 cup unsweetened preserves (Of choice)
- 4 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained and sliced in 1/2
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional) or 2 tablespoons Bourbon (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken breasts, bone-in pieces
- prepared mixed salad green, containing romaine, iceberg lettuce, radishes, red cabbage, carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for dressing and mix well.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a 12x8x2"glass baking dish with meaty pieces to outside of dish.
- Brush dressing over chicken, evenly coating each piece.
- Cover with waxed paper and microwave on HIGH until done, 20-25 minutes, rotating dish a half turn after 10 minutes.
- Allow chicken to cool only until it can be handled.
- Remove meat from bones and shred with two forks or fingers, if it's not too hot.
- Toss with any sauce remaining in the dish.
- Cover and set aside to cool or keep warrm.
- Cover serving platter or individual plates with salad mix.
- Mound chicken mixture on top.