Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a fantastic sweet dish for a chilly autumn day or just any time you feel like you need some comfort food. Its made with German Quark, but Im sure it would work just as well with thick creamy joghurt or pureed cottage cheese. You can add in whatever you like to make it even more decadent (e.g. dried fruits or chocolate chips) or serve it with some fruit sauce.
- 125 g macaroni noodles
- 250 g low-fat Quark (or creamy joghurt or pureed cottage cheese)
- 1 big egg
- 60 g icing sugar
- 50 g butter
- 20 g vanilla pudding mix (or starch)
- Cook pasta in slightly salted water until al dente (firm to the bite). Drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- In a bowl mix quark, egg, icing sugar, butter and vanilla pudding powder. Gently fold in pasta.
- Spoon into individual ramekins or a casserole dish.
- Bake on the lowest rack for 30-35 minutes until custard has set and top is slightly browned. Serve with sauce of your choice (mango, chocolate, caramel, raspberry) or eat as is.