Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hearty vegetarian curry.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon fresh galangal
- 1 lb fresh pumpkin, peeled, seeded and diced
- 225 g sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 cup peanuts, roasted and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Heat oil in large sauce pan. Add garlic and shallots and cook over medium heat, for 10 minutes or until softened and golden.
- Add the yellow curry paste and stir-fry over medium heat for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the stock, lime leaves, galangal, pumpkin and sweet potatoes.
- Bring to boil, stirring frequently, then reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Add the peanuts and coconut milk and mushrooms. Stir in the soya and fish sauce sauce, simmer 5 minutes more.
- Spoon into warmed individual bowls and garnish with pumpkin seeds.