Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yams are not just for holidays! I love this savory version with BBQ grilled ham steak, lamb/pork chops and chicken.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red skinned yams, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Microwave yams on High 4-5 minutes or until just tender, place in a serving dish and cover.
- Melt butter in a small heavy bottom saucepan, add onions, garlic, dill, salt and pepper.
- Saute over medium heat until onions are tender.
- Remove pan from heat, add yogurt and lemon, reheat on low.
- Pour sauce over yams and garnish with parsley.
This was a huge hit with everybody!! So simple & quick! I think herbs other than dill would work well, too. Feel better asap, Lorac...xoxo Bethie