Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds tasty! The recipe is courtesy of EatingWell.com
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Prick sweet potatoes with a fork in several places. Microwave on High until tender all the way to the center, 12 to 15 minutes. (Alternatively, place in a baking dish and bake at 425 degrees F until tender all the way to the center, about 1 hour.)
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwaveable bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, oil, cumin, coriander and salt; microwave on High until just heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. (Alternatively, heat in a small saucepan over medium heat.)
- When just cool enough to handle, slash each sweet potato lengthwise, press open to make a well in the center and spoon the bean mixture into the well. Top each with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro.
Love the sweet potato/bean/cumin combo. Added a little more heat by shaking on a dash or two of Tobasco but otherwise made as written. Terrific with grilled chicken breasts for dinner or just by itself for lunch.
I made this recipe last night. It's wonderful. The cilantro goes very well with the sweet potatoes and the beans. I didn't have any fresh tomatoes and used canned.