Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
from the Nov 09 issue of Better Homes and Gardens
- 4 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream (I have successfully substituted evaporated milk)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (I have successfully substituted sugar-free)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 -3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pecans
- Scrub potatoes and prick with fork. Brush with olive oil.
- Roast at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until soft. Cool until you can handle.
- Halve potatoes and scoop out flesh. Throw away skin.
- Transfer to a large bowl, and beat with mixer.
- In small saucepan, combine butter and whipping cream over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Add to mashed potatoes, adding maple syrup, nutmeg, and salt.
- Transfer to a 2 qt baking dish, sprinkling mini-marshmallows on top.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle pecans over top.