Lightly Toasted's Note:
from the Nov 09 issue of Better Homes and Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream (I have successfully substituted evaporated milk)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (I have successfully substituted sugar-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 -3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 1Scrub potatoes and prick with fork. Brush with olive oil.
- 2Roast at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until soft. Cool until you can handle.
- 3Halve potatoes and scoop out flesh. Throw away skin.
- 4Transfer to a large bowl, and beat with mixer.
- 5In small saucepan, combine butter and whipping cream over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Add to mashed potatoes, adding maple syrup, nutmeg, and salt.
- 6Transfer to a 2 qt baking dish, sprinkling mini-marshmallows on top.
- 7Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle pecans over top.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potatoes With Toasted Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.3
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.6 mg
- Sodium 1112.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g