Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
So simple, So tasty
Make and share this Sweet Potatoes with Red Curry Paste recipe from Food.com.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (orange flesh)
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place potatoes in a saute pan, cover with chicken stock and swirl in the red curry paste.
- Cook covered until tender.
- Reserve liquid for another use like cooking rice.
- Mash potatoes, Add butter, salt and pepper to taste.
Wonderful, spicy sweet potatoes! My first time using red curry paste (quite spicy!) I used vegetable bouillon because I don't eat chicken and didn't think it would alter the recipe much. They were so yummy I never got around to mashing them with the butter!!! Hope you don't mind, but they were great without it.
This is really good. We make this with vegetable stock instead of chicken to make this fully vegetarian for our veggie friends. Also, for an added treat, I carmelize onion threads to a deep carmel color and add that in to the potatoes before mashing. It adds a little more richness. One tip about using red curry (and it may be my personal preference) but I prefer to toast the potatoes and curry in the pot for 3 minutes before adding the stock and bringing it up to a boil. It brings out the best in the paste I think and only adds a few minutes of extra preparation time.
These are such a pleasing, surprising and savory change from sugary sweet potatoes! I thought they were perfect with our traditional turkey meal and everyone else "gobbled" them up.