Top Review by rosslare
This turned out fantastic, but I did doctor it up a bit. To the potatoes I added zing with 3 tbs brown sugar, 1 ts salt and chili powder and 1/4 ts cayenne. To the peppers I added 2 tbs brine from a jalapeno jar.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 12 ounces poblano chiles
- 8 ounces yellow onions
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Pre-baking the potatoes.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into approximately`1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Shingle the sweet potato slices in a baking dish large enough to hold the slices in a single overlapping layer.
- Brush the sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the salt over the potatoes.
- Pre-bake the sweet potatoes for 40 minutes at 375° F.
- Sautéing the raisins.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- When the butter is foaming, add the raisins and lightly sauté.
- Season with a pinch of salt and remove from heat and reserve.
- Preparing and adding the chiles.
- Char and peel the poblano chiles.
- Remove and discard the stems and seeds.
- Cut the chiles into ¼ inch strips.
- Peel the onions.
- Cut the onions into ¼ inch slices.
- Separate each slice into rings.
- Combine the poblano chile strips and the onion rings and toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- After the potatoes have roasted for 40 minutes, remove from the oven and distribute the raisins and the chiles and onions over the potatoes.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- To Serve.
- Wash the cilantro and prepare approximately 1 loose cup of small cilantro sprigs.
- When ready to serve, distribute the cilantro sprigs over the top of the warm dish.
- Drizzle the crème fraîche over the surface of the dish and serve immediately.