Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a $400 winner in Better Homes and Gardens and sent in by Debbie Reid of Clearwater, Florida. It has a nice balance of sweet and salty and uses my favorite ingredient--blue cheese!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into thin wedges.
- Peel and chop onion.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In 15 x 10 pan place potatoes, onion and drizzle with 2 T olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt butter over medium heat, stir in pecans, brown sugar and 1/4 t salt.
- Cook and stir about 3 minutes until pecans are coated with sugar.
- remove from heat and let cool on foil.
- For dressing:.
- whisk together honey, vinegar, garlic, 1/4 t salt, 1/4 t pepper.
- Slowly whisk in remaining olive oil until combined.
- Whisk in 1 T blue cheese.
- Transfer potatoes and onions to serving plate.
- Drizzle with dressing and remaining blue cheese.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
Absolutely delish! Loved the combination of the flavors and of course, we adore sweet potatoes - roasted, baked, mashed, etc. They are so delicious and so good for you. Will definitely keep this recipe on my short list. Made for Cooking Tag Mania, October, 2013.
This recipe is fabulous. A new favorite with new heights in flavor! I used red wine vinegar, and used goat cheese instead of blue. (all I had) I highly recommend this recipe. Thanks for sharing it with us!