It wouldn't be the holidays without them! This casserole side dish can be made with just a hint of sweet or decadent enough for dessert! The pecan streusel caramelizes on top to make a pecan-pie like topping. This is one of those family recipes that you may need to play with the ingredient amounts a bit.
- Wash and skin potatoes, chop into large chunks.
- Boil potatoes until tender and mash.
- Stir in butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and mini marshmallows to taste.
- Mix in a separate bowl, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and pecans, drizzle melted butter over mixture and stir to moisten, mixture should resemble chunky crumbs.
- Pour potatoes mixture into casserole dish and cover with a thin layer of mini-marshmallows.
- Top with pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes or until brown and bubbly.