Recipe by F-16 momma
My fave way to make sweet potatoes. Always requested to bring for Turkey day meals. The topping puts these above the rest!
Top Review by rochsann
When I made this recipe for Thanksgiving, I forgot the half and half, but it was still a delicious dish that received several compliments. This is definitely a five-star recipe, if it still tastes great without a key ingredient. The unintentional lower fat content was a plus! Thank you for sharing!
- 2 1⁄4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place potatoes in boiling water and simmer for 20 min, or until tender; drain and cool slightly.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl; add half and half, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp salt and vanilla and beat at medium speed until smooth (or mash with potato masher to desired consistancy).
- Add eggs and mix well; scrape into a 13 x 9 dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping: sprinkle marshmallows over top.
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 tsp salt in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal; stir in pecans and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake for 30-40 min, or until golden brown.