Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a lovely looking dish, it is always a hit! Keeps well too.
- 1 sweet potato, per person
- maple syrup
- heavy cream
- unsalted butter
- 1 ripe pear, for every 2 potatoes
- Wash the sweet potatoes, cut out eyes and bake at 375 to 400 until soft.
- Place into a food processor and puree. Add 1 to 2 tbs. sweet butter per person. 1 to 2 tbs heavy cream. Salt and Maple syrup to taste. Add the un-peeled pear and puree. The pear is the "secret" that gives this dish complexity.
- To be "fancy" you can pipe the dish onto the plate. Add a bit of fresh orange juice for variation. You may also use yams instead of sweet potatoes.