Recipe by Boomette
This is an healthy recipe from the issue of December 2005, of Coup de Pouce.
Top Review by rsnelling42
YUM!! I'm not sure that I used quite 2 pounds of potatoes and I skipped the onions, but I did everything else to the measurements specified. I used fresh squeezed orange juice too. The sauce was absolutely incredible, and we'll be making this often -- thank you for posting it!!
- 907.18 g sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced in 1 inch thick
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml orange zest, grated
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh black pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread slices of sweet potatoes in a greased metal dish of 13 inches x 9 inches. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup, mix brown sugar, butter, orange zest and juice, ginger, salt, pepper. Cover and heat in microwave, at high power, for about 1 minute or until butter has melted and brown sugar is dissolved. Mix well and pour on the sweet potatoes.
- Cook in a preheated oven of 375 F for about 45 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender (baste with orange glaze sometimes during cooking). Keep cooking under preheated grill for about 3 minutes or until sweet potatoes are golden and glazed. When ready to serve, sprinkle with green onions.