Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an healthy recipe from the issue of December 2005, of Coup de Pouce.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced in 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Spread slices of sweet potatoes in a greased metal dish of 13 inches x 9 inches. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup, mix brown sugar, butter, orange zest and juice, ginger, salt, pepper. Cover and heat in microwave, at high power, for about 1 minute or until butter has melted and brown sugar is dissolved. Mix well and pour on the sweet potatoes.
- Cook in a preheated oven of 375 F for about 45 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender (baste with orange glaze sometimes during cooking). Keep cooking under preheated grill for about 3 minutes or until sweet potatoes are golden and glazed. When ready to serve, sprinkle with green onions.
YUM!! I'm not sure that I used quite 2 pounds of potatoes and I skipped the onions, but I did everything else to the measurements specified. I used fresh squeezed orange juice too. The sauce was absolutely incredible, and we'll be making this often -- thank you for posting it!!
This was delicious. I made this to take to my Son's for our Thanksgiving dinner. So I prepared it the day before. It was perfect the day of, after heating it in the microwave. Easy! We all enjoyed it. I really liked the combination of the orange and sweet potato. Made for Every Day Is A Holiday Tag Game.
These were absolutely delish! Will be making this again soon. Thanks for posting this. Made for Beverage Tag October 08