Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an healthy recipe from the issue of December 2005, of Coup de Pouce.
Make and share this Sweet Potatoes With Orange Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced in 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Spread slices of sweet potatoes in a greased metal dish of 13 inches x 9 inches. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup, mix brown sugar, butter, orange zest and juice, ginger, salt, pepper. Cover and heat in microwave, at high power, for about 1 minute or until butter has melted and brown sugar is dissolved. Mix well and pour on the sweet potatoes.
- Cook in a preheated oven of 375 F for about 45 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender (baste with orange glaze sometimes during cooking). Keep cooking under preheated grill for about 3 minutes or until sweet potatoes are golden and glazed. When ready to serve, sprinkle with green onions.
YUM!! I'm not sure that I used quite 2 pounds of potatoes and I skipped the onions, but I did everything else to the measurements specified. I used fresh squeezed orange juice too. The sauce was absolutely incredible, and we'll be making this often -- thank you for posting it!!
This was delicious. I made this to take to my Son's for our Thanksgiving dinner. So I prepared it the day before. It was perfect the day of, after heating it in the microwave. Easy! We all enjoyed it. I really liked the combination of the orange and sweet potato. Made for Every Day Is A Holiday Tag Game.
These were absolutely delish! Will be making this again soon. Thanks for posting this. Made for Beverage Tag October 08