Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Roasting the potatoes with the onion accentuates the natural sweetness of both..with the earthy taste of mushrooms you have a real winner!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes (about 1 lb)
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2 inch chunks (about 1/2 lb)
- 1 (10 ounce) package white button mushrooms, wiped clean and halved or quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes, onion, and mushrooms in a large roasting pan or baking dish, about 13 X 9.
- Drizzle evenly with olive oil, sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper, and stir to coat vegetables.
- Roast vegetables until golden and tender, turning occasionally with a spatula, about 45 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
I made these for my first time hosting Thanksgiving Dinner. This was wonderful and much enjoyed by DH's family (who have not had any sweet potatoes as part of their Thanksgiving before). I also used balsamic vinegar (Recipe #28911). The onions may have been my favorite part!