Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
In 'Feast' by Nigella Lawson
Make and share this Sweet Potatoes With Marshmallows recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Prick or puncture the sweet potatoes with a fork and put them each on a piece of foil large enough to wrap them inches.
- Divide the oil between the foil sheets and then rub or turn the sweet potatoes in it and wrap into baggy but well sealed parcels.
- Put them on a baking sheet or two and roast until the potatoes are soft and cooked through, approximately 1-1 1/2 hours.
- When the sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, strip away the skin and for or squeeze and pick the flesh into a large bowl.
- Pour in any syrupy juices from each of the foil parcels.
- Add all the other ingredients except for the marshmallows, and mix together to make the mash.
- Spoon the sweet potato mash into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish; smooth the top of the mash and cover with the mini marshmallows.
- Bake in the hot oven for 10-15 minutes by which time the marshmallows will have colored on top and melted together, like a rippled, bronzed duvet (watch carefully for overbrowning).