Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These creamy sweet potatoes are topped with an incredible marshmallow sauce. Recipe courtesy of Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until tender.
- Peel potatoes and place in mixing bowl.
- Add butter, evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spoon into 2-quart casserole dish.
- Make Marshmallow Sauce:
- In small saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add brown sugar and water, mixing well.
- Add marshmallows and continue cooking over medium heat until marshmallows melt and sauce thickens.
- Pour marshmallow sauce over sweet potato mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Note: You can also use 3 (15oz) cans of sweet potatoes, drained and mashed.
Good but thinner than I liked!
I only made the thick marshmallow sauce, which I used on top of baked sweet potatoes. The sauce was great!!