1/1 Photo of Sweet Potatoes With Caramelized Apples
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #261868's Note:
A nice variation on a favorite side dish for fall dinners.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large sweet potatoes, pierced with the tines of a fork
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup applesauce, preferably homemade
- 2 teaspoons peeled grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces (1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375°. Arrange potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake until tender, 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand until cool enough to handle.
- 2Cut each potato lengthwise. Scoop flesh into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment; discard skins. Add 2 tablespoons butter and the cream; mix on medium speed until smooth. Mix in applesauce and ginger; season with salt and pepper.
- 3Transfer potato mixture to an ovenproof dish. Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, toss apples with sugar in a bowl. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apple mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are golden and caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- 5Remove potato mixture from oven; top with caramelized apples, and serve.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potatoes With Caramelized Apples
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 444.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g