Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
The original of this recipe was found in The Sweet Potato Lover's Cookbook, 1998, & has been somewhat tweaked to better suit the 2 of us.
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, cooked, crumbled (I use Hormel's Real Bacon Pieces)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the sweet potatoes & spray them with a nonstick vegetable spray, then place on a baking sheet & bake for 1 hour or until done.
- Cool the potatoes a bit, then cut them in half lengthwise & scoop out the pulp, leaving enough to make a sturdy shell.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potato pulp, sour cream, butter, salt, egg, pepper & sugar, mashing & mixing to combine well.
- Add the crumbled bacon & mix well, then fill the potato shells with the mixture. If using the paprika, sprinkle that on top.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through, then serve & enjoy!
Great sweet potatoes! I scaled it back for my lunch today and it was perfect. I love the saltiness of the bacon and the tang of the sour cream. Left out the paprika and they were creamy good. Made for Everyday Holiday.