Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Excellent holiday dish. Easy, quick, and elegant! For those who don't like marshmallows in their sweet potatoes.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (1 lb) can applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup broken walnuts
- Arrange sweet potatoes in 9-inch square baking pan or other casserole dish.
- Mix together apple sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, and mace, and spoon over potatoes.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with nut meats.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 35 minutes or until heated through.
Oh papergoddess, this was fabulous! Didn't make many changes except we used fresh yams (I can't find canned ones here). My Australian hubby thought canned sweet potatoes were mashed so he mashed ours. They were still deeeeelicious! Great recipe. Thanx!
This was sooo easy to make and the taste was fantastic!
Made this to go with our Easter ham. I really liked the flavor of the applesauce with the sweet potatoes. I usually do the brown sugar/nut topping and this was a nice change.