Recipe by jonesies
Sweet potato dish that you cook in the crockpot, giving you more time to concentrate on the turkey! Great autumn side dish. Taken from the Betty Crocker Slow Cooker Cookbook.
Top Review by SusieQusie
Well orchestrated side dish! I prepped it the night before and put them in the pot at the same time I put the turkey in the oven. (4AM - yawn...) I liked the change from the usual _so-syrupy-sweet-that-your-teeth-ache_ yams. I used unsweetened applesauce and perhaps should have bumped up the sugar amount some to compensate. Next time ... Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 6 medium sweet potatoes or 6 medium yams, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, toasted and chopped