Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Taste of Home. I haven't tried it yet, so prep time is approximate.
- 1360.77-1587.57 g sweet potatoes
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4 inch rings
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 29.58 ml butter
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until just tender. Drain and cool slightly. Peel and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a greased 13" x 9" x2" baking dish, alternately layer potatoes and apples. Pour orange juice over top. Combine the brown sugar, ginger, and cinnamon; sprinkle over potatoes and apples. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 35-45 minutes or until apples are tender and heated through.