Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Taste of Home. I haven't tried it yet, so prep time is approximate.
Make and share this Sweet Potatoes With Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4 inch rings
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until just tender. Drain and cool slightly. Peel and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a greased 13" x 9" x2" baking dish, alternately layer potatoes and apples. Pour orange juice over top. Combine the brown sugar, ginger, and cinnamon; sprinkle over potatoes and apples. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 35-45 minutes or until apples are tender and heated through.