Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sweet Potatoes, Orange, Pineapple and banana side dish from Trader Vic's for your Hawaiian meal.
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, mashed while hot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- grated coconut
- 3 -4 firm bananas (optional)
- Whip the butter into the mashed potatoes then add the orange juice and rind, pineapple, salt. Pour into well buttered baking dish.
- Alternate with layers of firm bananas. potato, banana,potato, banana until dish is full then follow baking instructions.
- Swirl the top with a spatula or back of your spoon.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar and paprika then cover and bake for 30 minutes in the oven. Remove and sprinkle on the coconut then brown under broiler.
- Serves six.