Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
This makes a fairly sweet sauce, it is popular with us for holiday meals.
Top Review by Dawn
The recipe creates an ample sweet and syrupy sauce. If you like your sweet potatoes sweet then this is a good dish for you. I served it with another recipe called Ham and Cheese Pockets. It would make a good accompaniment to a Holiday ham or turkey.
- 6 large sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sweet potatoes in a large kettle and add water to cover.
- Cook over medium heat until barely tender; drain.
- Peel and cut potatoes into fourths.
- Arrange in a medium size casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine sugars, ginger and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Add pineapple juice and lemon juice.
- Stir over medium heat until sugars are dissolved and mixture starts to bubble; stir in butter.
- Pour sauce over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered 50 to 60 min or until sauce is thickened.