Recipe by Tish
Found this recipe in a book from 1952. Looks really good and a cute idea for presentation. Guessing on times. Please update me if you make it! I added the cooking time of the potatoes to the recipe via microwave oven
Top Review by Donna
My MIL made this last Thansgiving, it is to die for!! exact same recipe, we have all begged her to make it again this year,she is one of those people that always says she can't find the recipe! but now I can make my own!! TRY this!
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 large oranges
- 6 marshmallows, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sweet potatoes, butter, salt and orange juice.
- Mix well.
- Cut oranges in halves, crosswise and remove juice and pulp.
- (Use part of this juice to mash in the potatoes.) Scrub shells well.
- Fill with the mashed potatoes and decorate with marshmallows.
- Bake in hot oven.
- 400F about 15 minutes.