Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from the Low Fat Low Cholesterol Cookbook, and b/c I love sweet potatoes and cinnamon thought it would be good. I changed the serving amount after I'm Pat's kind review.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, then cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices.
- Arrange the sweet potato slices in even layers on the bottom of a nonstick 8 inch round or square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, brown sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Dot with the margarine.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender, stirring once halfway through the baking time.
I made a full recipe and 3 of us gobbled up the lot I think that says the lot. Thank you WiGal, made for Everyday A Holiday.
My irrational fears of getting old might be getting the best of me along with premature blindness, but for the love of eating, I can't find the brown sugar amount in the listed ingredients. I guessed at the amount of sugar and in the meantime, Fairy Godmother please bring back my vision. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.
I really liked this, but I made it fatty. I used heavy cream and butter. I was also feeling lazy, so I just layered the potatoes and sprinkled with spices and brown sugar. They were yummy, and the sauce was very nice. I forgot the orange zest, though.