Recipe by WiGal
This is from the Low Fat Low Cholesterol Cookbook, and b/c I love sweet potatoes and cinnamon thought it would be good. I changed the serving amount after I'm Pat's kind review.
- 16 ounces sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or more)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon light margarine spread
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, then cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices.
- Arrange the sweet potato slices in even layers on the bottom of a nonstick 8 inch round or square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, brown sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Dot with the margarine.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender, stirring once halfway through the baking time.