Recipe by weekend cooker
A nice casserole dish that can be completed in about 15 minutes. A family recipe.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
I liked the flavor of this dish as well as the quickness of making it, but I also thought it was too liquidy. Next time I will probably drain the pineapple and bake it in the oven and see if that helps to thicken it up. Made for PRMR.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup miniature marshmallow, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 quart microwave safe dish, layer in this order: sweet potatoes, salt, pineapple, pecans, brown sugar and half of the marshmallows.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until the edges start to bubble.
- Add remaining marshmallows and heat uncovered on high for 30 seconds, or until marshmallows start to puff.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg over the top of the casserole.