Modified from dallasnews.com, published in The Dallas Morning News on November 21, 1999 -- Recipe by Gil's Elegant Catering
- Saute onions and garlic until transparent, but not browned.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer potatoes (alternating colors) in a 13x9 Pyrex dish, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine onion mixture, salt, half and half, eggs, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over potatoes.
- Add cheese and bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Cool and cut into squares. Serve warm.
- Makes 12 servings.