Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Modified from dallasnews.com, published in The Dallas Morning News on November 21, 1999 -- Recipe by Gil's Elegant Catering
- 1 small onion (chopped fine)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 6 large russet potatoes (peeled and sliced thin)
- 6 sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced thin)
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Saute onions and garlic until transparent, but not browned.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer potatoes (alternating colors) in a 13x9 Pyrex dish, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine onion mixture, salt, half and half, eggs, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over potatoes.
- Add cheese and bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Cool and cut into squares. Serve warm.
- Makes 12 servings.
I have to give it 5 stars on pure enjoyment - I scaled backto 3 serves and diced to make them individual and put them in small spring form tins (bad mistake liquide leaked and tried to sedcure by envoloping in tins in alfroil - didn't really work but we ended up with lovely sweet and tender potatoes, though I did use cheddar cheeese for even though doing as individual serves I used cheddar cheese instead of parmesan ( would personaly preferred parmesan but even if I only put it on mine they would have refused to eat theirs after smelling cooked parmesan of mine). Baked at 175C for 55 minutews for beatifully tender potqtoes. Thqank you Kerfuffle-Upon_Winkle, made for Photo-tag.