Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 34 mins
From Juliette Elkon's A Belgian Cookbook. Posted for ZWT 7. Don't worry about the alcohol used to prepare this dish, it will have burned off during the cooking. The cooking time includes the 1 hour marinating time.
- Blend flour and beer until a smooth batter has been obtained. and set aside.
- Blanch sweet potatoes for 5 minutes in boiling water.
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes.
- Combine honey, brandy and lemon peel.
- Marinate sweet potatoes for 1 hour in this mixture.
- Without drying slices, dip them in the batter.
- Fry them in batches in the deep fat heated to 390F until golden brown.
- Serve very hot.