Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wife got this recipe at work. Makes a quick and easy sidedish at any time. Ithink the Sweet Potatoes and citrus work really well with pork. I often double this.
- 473.18 ml thinly sliced sweet potatoes (1 large)
- 236.59 ml sliced carrot
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 4.92 ml grated orange peel
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml water
- 29.58 ml slivered almonds
- Boil or steam sweet potatoes and carrots until tender.
- When they are almost done, heat orange juice to boiling in saucepan.
- Add the orange peel and lemon juice.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1 Tbsp water and add to orange mixture.
- Continue to heat, stirring until thickened.
- Remove vegetables from pot and place in serving dish.
- Drizzle orange sauce over them and sprinkle almonds on top.