Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very easy and delicious way to make sweet potatoes, this recipe can easily be doubled, just use a larger baking dish........ no leftovers here!
- 2 large uncooked sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 in thick
- 1 egg
- 2 cups whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 8-in square baking dish.
- Place potatoes in greased baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat egg; add cream, salt, nutmeg and pepper; mix well.
- Pour over potatoes, making sure all potatoes are covered with sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 40-45 mins, or until potatoes are tender.
Good remarks all around! We love sweet potatoes and use them instead of white potatoes all the time. This was so yummy, comfort food yummy! And the egg and cream tasted like custard so it was like having dessert!jAnother winner from Kittencal! Thanks!
Subtle and creamy! This was a great recipe that tasted like it took much longer than did. Even my picky four year olds (who hate sweet potatoes) ate it up.
This is an excellant dish Kitten. I loved the texture of the sweet potatoes and the egg. It was light and fluffy, tender and flavourful. Very easy and quick to make. I used a mixture of parmesan & jarlsberg cheese. It was very yummy. Thanks so much for sharing this treat.