Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sliced sweet potatoes baked in spices, butter, and sugar.
Make and share this Sweet Potatoes "au Gratin" recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 fahrenheit.
- Cut ends off of sweet potatoes and peel.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Rub 1 tablespoon of butter on the bottom of a baking dish that is large enough for all the potatoes.
- Add potatoes, then dot the top with the rest of the butter (or, if working with refrigerated butter, put slices of the butter all over the top).
- Mix brown sugar and spice together, then sprinkle all over the top of the potatoes.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Take foil off for the last 10 minutes if you want to.