Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cook the sweet potato in the microwave for a quick and easy side dish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, cooked,peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat a large frying pan and add the oil, butter, and onion.
- Saute for a few minutes or until the onion is clear.
- Add the spices and salt and pepper.
- Add the diced potatoes and saute until lightly browned.
- Toss with parsley just before serving.
My family liked this and it makes a nice change from regular potatoes. It's just a tiny bit bland. Next time I think I'll skip the spices and just go with garlic salt. Cooking the potato in the microwave to speed things up worked out great.