Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Sweet, fast, low-cal side dish that's super nutritious. Based on a 2001 edition of BHG magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and sliced 1/4 in thick
- 1 medium granny smith apple, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecans, chopped
- fresh parsley (to garnish) or tarragon (to garnish)
- In a large skillet, heat apple juice. Add sweet potatoes, spreading in an even layer. Lower heat and cover; cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are nearly tender. Stir in apple, cranberries, maple syrup, rum and salt. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes longer or until apple is tender. Uncover; boil gently until liquid is syrupy. Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle with pecans. Garnish and serve.
What a great way to serve up one of my favorite veggies, the sweet potato, with one of my favorite fruits, the cranberry! OUTSTANDING! Loved the combo of flavors here ~ apple, maple, rum, pecans! Definitely a recipe I want to make again & again! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Beverage Tag]