Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I can't remember where this recipe came from, but it is a good buffet dish, great with baked ham or turkey. I like it because it is less sweet than a lot of sweet potato casseroles. (Prep time is approximate).
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce or 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon orange rind
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Boil sweet potatoes in their skins until barely tender.
- Peel, slice thickly, and arrange in a buttered baking dish.
- In a saucepan mix remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Pour over sweet potatoes and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until glazed and hot.