Scots Lass/Cairo's Note:
This is a tasty way of cooking root vegetables. It can be served as a side-dish to accompany roast chicken, or can be topped with thick Greek yoghurt and served as a starter with warm bread
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and trim the carrots. It should not be necessary to peel the carrots. Peel the sweet potatoes and slice thickly.
- 2Put carrots and potatoes into a large saucepan, cover with water and boil uncovered for 5 minutes. Drain the vegetables in a colander.
- 3Mix the honey, butter, oil and spices in a bowl. Put the vegetables into a baking dish.
- 4Set the oven to 220C.
- 5Brush the vegetables with the butter mixture.
- 6Bake for about 25 minutes until tender, basting the vegetables with the remainder of the butter mixture.
- 7Sprinkle the cooked vegetables with chopped parsley or coriander leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potatoes and Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.1
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.0 mg
- Sodium 277.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g