Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 6 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup milk, hot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup black walnut
- 1 pinch salt
- Peel, boil and mash sweet potatoes.
- Add hot milk, sugar and 3 tablespoons butter.
- Add black walnuts and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Place in greased baking dish.
- Pour melted butter on top of potato mixture. Bake 20 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
This was a good recipe, though I did deviate due to time constrictions. Instead of baking them in the oven, I microwaved the potatoes, peeled them (ouch!) and then heated up the milk, butter, sugar, threw the potatoes in the pot and heated through. Added the walnuts. It was very good! Next time I'll probably bake them with marshmallows on top.