Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great flavor with orange peel and nutmeg.
Make and share this Sweet Potatoes and Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Prick sweet potatoes with fork.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 to 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- Cut thin lengthwise slice from top of each sweet potato; scoop out inside, leaving a thin shell.
- In large mixer bowl place hot sweet potato, sugar, butter, nutmeg, and orange zest.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed and no lumps remain.
- By hand, stir in apple and chopped pecans.
- Place shells on 15x10x1 inch baking pan; fill shell with sweet potato mixture.
- Can also spoon hot mixture into serving bowl instead of the shells.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.