Recipe by Bergy
This recipe is great with Turkey, Chicken or Pork. Very nice flavor
Top Review by Chef*Lee
This is a good recipe for a "not-so-sweet" sweet potato. It brings out more of the flavor of the sweet potato which I don't really think is too sweet as its name implies(unless you throw in the typical marshmallows, brown sugar, etc.) I used pineapple juice instead of orange and light rum instead of dark. I had to remove mine from the heat at about 7 minutes and skip the extra 5 minutes. I just added my rum mix at that point because it would have burned otherwise for me. The sauce was nice and thick and a pretty brown glaze color. Thanks for a new and different way to cook sweet potatoes!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 " slices
- 1 teaspoon lite olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oil and sweet potatoes in a skillet with a 1/2 cup of the chicken broth Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 8 minutes, uncover and continue cooking until liquid has disappeared about 5 minutes.
- The potatoes should be slightly browned around the edges.
- Stir occasionally.
- In a bowl mix remaining broth,cornstarch, orange juice, rum, honey and salt& pepper.
- Add this mixture to the pan, bring to a boil, stirring until it has thickened.