Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My grandmother's simple sweet potato recipe. She made this every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Simple and delicious.
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, granulated
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- Mix first 5 ingredients and put in buttered casserole.
- Mix last 4 ingredients with fork.
- Sprinkle crumbs on top of first mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Five star rating only after adding a generous amount of cinnamon to both the mashed sweet potatoes, and to the topping. Made for My 3 Chefs.