Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. I love this as dessert or side with dinner
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Rice Krispies or 1 cup crushed gingersnaps
- 8 -10 large marshmallows (plain or toasted coconut)
- Stir beaten egg and flour into sweet mash potatoes.
- Set aside In a separate bowl the Rice Crispy Cereal or crushed gingers snaps .
- With a tablespoon scoop up about 1 1/4 cups of the mixture and shape around each marshmallow, creating a 2 to 3-inch diameter ball. Roll the balls in the either the cereal or gingersnaps covering it completely . Cover with foil and freeze a lined baking sheet.
- When ready to serve ,bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees. On a cookie sheet line with baking paper . Watch carefully for the last few minutes of cooking; the melting marshmallows can cause the potato balls to burst open.
- You may freeze these ahead of time.