Recipe by Nanita
This is a compilation of a couple of different recipes I found on the web. My husband loves sweet potatoes with LOTS of marshmallows and wanted a casserole like one of his aunts used to make. After a few trials, this was the final incarnation. It is now a Thanksgiving staple for both his and my family's dinners.
Top Review by cookinrooky
This was great! I made this for Thanksgiving. I used fresh sweet potatoes and quadrupled the recipe and it was a hit. I did add in some vanilla extract as well and a pinch of nutmeg. This was easy and a success for my first hosted Thanksgiving dinner!
- 1133.98 g canbruce cut yams, drained
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 59.16 ml melted butter
- 453.59 g bag miniature marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 1 quart baking dish with Pam.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash yams in a large bowl and add brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, egg, and melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Place 1/2 mixture in baking dish.
- Top with a layer of marshmallows, then add remaining mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining marshmallows.
- Turn oven to broil and move casserole to the upper middle rack. Broil for approximately 5 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned.