Recipe by westivan
A great make-ahead side dish for Christmas dinner. Served at room temp, with a sweet mustard and maple syrup dressing. As yet untested, from Super Food Ideas Christmas Special, Dec 2006. NB Australian measurements: 1 cup = 250ml
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 1⁄2 kg orange sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm (1 inch)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 125 ml olive oil
- 40 ml red wine vinegar
- 20 ml Dijon mustard
- 40 ml maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220C (430F). Spread hazelnuts on a baking tray and roast for 10-15 minutes or until skins crack. Wrap nuts in a clean teatowel and rub to remove skins. Chop and set aside.
- Line a large roasting pan with non-stick baking paper. Arrange sweet potato in a single layer, spray with oil and turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast sweet potato, turning once, until golden and tender (15-20 minutes). Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Dressing: place oil, vinegar, mustard and maple syrup in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid and shake well to combine.
- Place sweet potato and hazelnuts in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Serve.