Recipe by rsarahl
A nice vegetarian side dish. Works equally well with tahini and other nut butters in place of peanut butter and can be varied to suit your taste. Serve with lentils, rice pilaf and a big green salad for an easy vegetarian meal any time.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 10 ounces coconut milk
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cut into bite size chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil for a few minutes until the onion is sweated and soft and the garlic is fragrant but not burned.
- Add the curry powder and stir to combine.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until it begins to melt.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir until well blended.
- A wire whisk can be helpful at this point to blend the sauce well.
- Add the cubes of sweet potatoes and the salt to the sauce in the pan and bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until the sweet potato is softened and pierces easily with the tip of a knife (about 10-15 minutes depending on size of chunks).